Feb 23, 2022
What image comes to your mind when you think of the word “healthy”? What do you think a “healthy” person should look like? Your views about health and body image are deeply rooted in a mindset you’ve been conditioned into from internal and external influences. Every day you struggle with choices, especially with food and what diet is right for you. What if there's a way to challenge diet culture and have a more peaceful relationship with food and your body? Wouldn't you want to know about it?
This week's guest is Taylor Wolfram, a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and private practice owner specializing in vegan nutrition and an anti-diet, weight-inclusive approach to health. She works with adults who are interested in ditching the diet mentality, embracing intuitive eating, and improving their body image. Taylor created the Anti-Diet Vegan Nutrition Online Course. So if you are ready to redefine your standards of health and wellness, this episode is for you.
What we discuss in this episode:
- Can you recall the messages you received when you were young? What impact did they have on you?
- How do you disassociate from the ideas you had when you were young?
- The Tenets of Intuitive Eating
- How does the scarcity mentality play a role in your food cravings?
- How intuitive eating and veganism can work together for people who struggle with their relationship with food and care deeply about the planet and animals
- The reality behind whole food plant-based diet, low-fat diet, and other so-called healthy diets
- How do you encourage someone to consider intuitive eating and veganism?
- Food substitution, discipline, and habits as a gateway to healthier eating.
- Book recommendation: Fearing the Black Body: The Racial Origins of Fat Phobia by Sabrina Strings - https://www.amazon.com/Fearing-Black-Body-Racial-Origins/dp/1479886750
- Looking to learn about vegan nutrition? Try Taylor Wolfram's The Anti-Diet Vegan Nutrition Course - https://www.taylorwolfram.com/anti-diet-vegan-nutrition-course/
- Free videos: Intuitive Eating for Vegans - https://www.taylorwolfram.com/videos/
- Check out Taylor’s website - https://www.taylorwolfram.com/
- Use code SWITCH for 25% off your order at MaxinesHeavenly.com
- Purality B12 Deal: http://puralityhealth.com/SWITCHb12 to buy one B12 and get one free plus 35% off the rest of Purality’s products
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Switch4Good/
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/switch4good/
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/Switch4GoodOrg
- Website - https://switch4good.org/