Feb 27, 2019
What are we really ingesting when we drink cows’ milk? What are mothers passing through their bodies to their children? What in the world is a dairy allergy?
Dr. Vivian Chen dives into the dangers of dairy and her story of transitioning to a plant-based diet after a battle to diagnose the root of her infant’s feeding problem.
As a double-certified physician, Dr. Chen has seen a host of improvements in her patients when they cut dairy and address their lifestyle. She’s going to tell you the sneaky ways dairy might be affecting you -- and your children.
What we discuss in this episode:
- The top four allergies Dr. Chen says mothers should look for.
- Ethnic diversity in allergy prevalence and the difficulty in testing for allergies.
- Delayed vs. acute symptoms and allergies in adults vs. babies.
- Elimination diets to discover the root of your symptoms.
- The effects of casein metabolizing into casomorphin.
Connect with Switch4Good