Jul 7, 2021
Rip Esselstyn is a world record holder, former pro triathlete, best-selling author, firefighter, and founder of Plant-Strong—an organization helping people lead healthier lives through plant-based nutrition. After a career as a pro athlete, Rip transitioned to firefighting at the Engine 2 firehouse in Austin, Texas. It was there that after a friendly competition, he realized one of his co-workers was on the brink of major health issues. As the son of the prolific Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, Rip couldn’t just stand by. He set up the firefighters with plant-based food and the results were astonishingly positive. Since then, Rip created the Engine 2 Diet and the Plant-Strong program to help more people thrive. Rip is one of the most charismatic guests we’ve had on this show and we are so excited to share this episode with you. Enjoy!
What we discuss in this episode:
- The firefighter lifestyle and Rip’s experience in the firehouse
- The recovery benefits of a plant-based diet
- Why nutrition matters more as you age
- Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn’s influence on his son, Rip
- The specifics of the Engine2 Diet.
- Plantstrong website and Immersion programs
- Follow Rip on Instagram @ripesselstyn
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Switch4Good/
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/switch4good/
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/Switch4GoodOrg
- Website - https://switch4good.org/