Nov 27, 2019
Health fanatics will often tell you that things like salmon and eggs are the way to go if you want to eat healthy.
But even simple iceberg lettuce has more antioxidants and fiber than both.
It’s simple: going plant-based is worth it, not only for animals, but also for your own health.
Here to prove that is today’s guest, Audrey Dunham, a former fitness competitor turned actress, recipe developer, and owner of Peanut’s Bake Shop. The Bake Shop offers exceptionally delicious and high-quality cookies that are 100% vegan, gluten-free, and made from non-GMO ingredients.
Dotsie and Alexandra sit down with Audrey as she shares her journey of going from a vegetarian diet to eating entirely plant-based and opening the Bake Shop to make vegan goodies accessible to as many people as possible.
She also shares how intuitive eating and books like French Women Don’t Get Fat and How to Have Your Cake and Your Skinny Jeans Too helped her reconnect with herself after moving away from the professional fitness world.
Tune in to hear how Audrey is having her cookies and her health too, and how you can join her.
What we discuss in this episode:
- From starring in fitness competitions to becoming a mom of twins and Bake Shop owner
- How Audrey found balance and repaired her relationship with food after leaving the fitness world
- Protein-rich foods vs. fiber-rich foods: Which is more important and why?
- It’s in the BEANS! Tips on making dishes and tasty snacks from beans
- What to do when you’re eating out and they serve you bread
- Audrey shares what When Your Eat at the Refrigerator, Pull Up a Chair by Geneen Roth taught her about intuitive eating
- How Audrey is raising her twin boys as vegans
- The vegan food show that could have been
- Follow Audrey Dunham on Facebook at @AudreyEDunham, on Twitter at @AudreyEDunham, and on Instagram at @audreyedunham. Check out her videos on YouTube at Audrey Dunham and her website at AudreyDunham.com.
- To support our mission to educate, inspire, and embolden the world to lean into eating plants instead of baby cow growth food, donate today to spread the word.
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ2toqAmlQpwR1HDF_KKfGg
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Switch4Good/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/switch4good/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SwitchForGood
- Website: switch4good.org
- Support Our Cause: https://switch4good.org/support-us/