Sep 9, 2020
Say it. Penis. Now that you have a few giggles out, let’s talk about prostate cancer. It’s the third most common cancer and the fifth leading cause of cancer-related death in the US. Bruce and Mindy Mylrea join us on the pod today to discuss how diet affects everything … down there. Both are former fitness professionals, and after Bruce was diagnosed with prostate cancer nine years ago, they dedicated their lives to learning more about diet and disease and helping others prevent, manage, and reverse chronic conditions. As Mindy says, “Even if you don’t have a penis, you know someone with one.” From practical nutrition tips to unavoidable giggles, everyone has something to gain from this conversation.
What we discuss in this episode:
- What is the prostate?
- Erectile dysfunction
- How Bruce became a vegan during a flight and dropped his cholesterol 100 points
- The benefits of nitrate-rich produce
- How to love food on a whole-food, plant-based diet
- Bruce and Mindy’s website: One Day to Wellness
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Switch4Good/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/switch4good/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SwitchForGood
- Website: switch4good.org
- Support Our Cause: https://switch4good.org/support-us/