Jan 15, 2020
Cardiovascular disease is the global leading cause of death and was responsible for more than 15 million fatalities in 2016.
What would you do to prevent yourself and your loved ones from becoming part of that statistic?
Today’s guest, Dr. Joel Kahn, says it’s as simple as plant-based nutrition.
Dr. Kahn is one of the world’s top cardiologists, a restaurateur, and is known as America’s healthy heart doc. He’s committed to making the world healthier through the preventative and healing power of plants.
He joins Dotsie and Alexandra to discuss the different factors that can lead to cardiovascular disease and the solutions to prevent or reverse early symptoms.
Tune in to hear what this vegan doctor has learned in his almost 40 years of practice, his advice for protecting yourself against fatal disease, and his tips for living a healthier lifestyle.
What we discuss in this episode:
- What disrupts hormone patterns and influences our health?
- How Dr. Dean Ornish’s paper on getting rid of plaque through exercise and a plant-based diet has affected the views of the medical community
- The effects of inflammation and its connection to CVD, as studied and explained by Rudolph Virchow
- Why you need to include high sensitivity C-reactive protein in your routine blood work
- To support our mission to educate, inspire, and embolden the world to lean into eating plants instead of baby cow growth food, donate today to spread the word.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Switch4Good/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/switch4good/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SwitchForGood
- Website: switch4good.org