Mar 2, 2022
Many people still believe that what they eat, how they live, their experiences, and even who they share their life with has no impact on their physical health. Today's guest is out to dispel that. Dr. Matthew Nagra is a Naturopathic Physician, and in case you're wondering if a Naturopathic Physician is a real doctor, Dr. Matthew Nagra is a health practitioner who treats people holistically. He follows a scientific and evidence-based approach to treating ailments.
Dr. Matthew Nagra practices Integrated Health in Vancouver, BC. He has a BSc in Microbiology from the University of Victoria and completed his ND training at the Boucher Institute. He has been vegan for over 10 years, is certified in plant-based nutrition through the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies. He regularly shares information regarding nutrition and health across his social media pages. Learn how to live healthier as you listen to this episode with Dr. Matthew Nagra.
What we discuss in this episode:
- First things first, Dotsie (Welcome Back!) shares 3 things she learned from her book-writing retreat
- What does a Naturopathic Doctor look for when a patient comes for evaluation compared to what a traditional doctor does?
- The impact of the food you eat, especially dairy products, when you have asthma
- Dr. Matthew Nagra talks about what he learned from the nutrition debates in school and the studies on saturated fat, LDL, collagen, etc.
- Refined sugar vs. fruits – What to do when sugar cravings hit
- What does raw veganism mean, and how does it relate to a healthy diet? With book recommendation - Becoming Raw: The Essential Guide to Raw Vegan Diets, and Becoming Vegan, both by Brenda Davis
- Do you know the massive difference between butter and olive oil?
- How much sodium does your body need if you are healthy?
- What you need to know about organic food, non-organic food, and GMO
- The upside and downside of eating eggs and plant-based sources of choline
- Watch Dr. Matthew Nagra’s debates with carnivores: Vegan vs. Carnivore Debate: Saturated Fat and LDL-Cholesterol and Debating LDL-Cholesterol, Saturated Fat, and CVD with a Carnivore
- Check out Dr. Matthew Nagra’s website - https://drmatthewnagra.com/
- Use code SWITCH for 25% off your order at MaxinesHeavenly.com
- Purality B12 Deal: http://puralityhealth.com/SWITCHb12 to buy one B12 and get one free plus 35% off the rest of Purality’s products
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Switch4Good/
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/switch4good/
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/Switch4GoodOrg
- Website - https://switch4good.org/